Download a full guide to our college preparation checklist at the link below!
Come by my office to see tons of information on college preparation including college/univeristy/military/trade school information as well as financial aide info.
Here are the most important things for seniors to be doing right now:
- Go to https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm to get the Federal Student Aid ID. This is their electronic signature for their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) PARENTS MUST GO TO THIS SITE AS WELL TO GET THEIR OWN FSA ID IN ORDER FOR THEM TO SIGN THE FAFSA AND SUBMIT IT!
- Apply for every college or university they even have a slight interest in at this time to ensure they get their applications in on time! (A list of all college deadlines will be published on here shortly)
- Check to see if their college/university has separate scholarship applications that must be filled out in addition to the admittance application.
- Fill out a Transcript Request for each college/university in which they apply and give it to Mrs. Wilson. These are located outside the counselor door. Colleges and universities must have the following on file for each student in order for them to attend: Transcipt, ACT/Accuplacer/SAT scores, updated shot records. All of these documents will be sent to the college or university even if the student only requests one of these to ensure the institution has all of these on file and the entrance status is not affected.
- Check out the scholarship page on this site for an updated scholarship list of current scholarships and links to scholarships that are available. Look for scholarships yourself, too! There are tons out there. The main reason students don’t get more scholarship money is because they do not apply! Yes, it’s hard work, but millions of dollars goes unclaimed every year just because a student didn’t want to write an essay!
- CHECK THEIR SCHOOL EMAIL DAILY! I WILL SEND OUT ALL NEW SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDENTS AS WELL AS OTHER DEADLINES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO ENSURE THEY GET EVERYTHING DONE THAT MUST BE DONE!!!